Team Building On The Challenge Course
A variety of team building programs can be designed utilizing the 4-H Center Challenge Course. The 4-H Center offers cooperation and team building programs for youth, adolescents, and adults. The primary purpose of these programs is to challenge members of a group to overcome a series of obstacles by working together. All programs are conducted on-site at the 4-H Center Challenge Course, which consists of an outdoor pavilion and a low ropes course. This course is physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging. All facilitation, instruction, and equipment are provided by the 4-H Center.
- To foster mutual support and teamwork within a group and the importance of each member's contributions within that group.
- To develop and increase trust with every member of the group.
- To facilitate and improve goal setting and problem solving by individuals and by the group.
- To encourage group members to identify the value of individual differences.
- To encourage safe, appropriate risk taking in a caring environment.
- To promote feelings of personal confidence, accomplishment, responsibility, leadership, and self-worth.
- Virginia SOL correlation: PE 3.4, 4.4, 5.5, 6.4, 7.4, 8.5,9.4, 10.4 English - 3.1, 4.1, 5.2, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2
School Groups (4th - 12th grade)
Group Dynamics (4th grade and Up)
To introduce the concept of teamwork and affirm the value of each individual. Through prop and non-prop activities, students are encouraged to cooperate with one another.
Focus: trust building, goal setting, group challenge, problem solving, fun.
Low Ropes Course (5th grade and Up)
The challenge course is a teaching instrument designed to help students learn how to better use and incorporate caring, helpfulness, understanding, cooperation, communication, and reliability in their lives. The course is physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging.
Focus: trust building, goal setting, group challenge, problem solving, self-esteem, and fun.
Low Ropes / Challenge Course
Enhance Your Group's:
- Self Confidence
- Sense of Accomplishment
The 4-H Center's low ropes and challenge course are available for group rental. Elements such as the A-frame, Spider Web, Nitro-crossing, Tire Traverse and Wild Woozy are elements of the low ropes course. An experienced facilitator will lead your group through a series of activities that are both physically demanding and mentally challenging. To check on fees and to reserve a date for your group, contact our Event Coordinator at (757) 899-4901.